We’ve been hearing for days about a winter storm that was likely to hit the beginning of the week. With us right on the cusp of the early throes of it, the situation is starting to shape up.
For Da Lou, there’s predictions of 1/2″ to an inch of ice, which would be way significant, and as big an ice storm as we had in January 2007. This is shaping up to be big — ice, then big snow, and big wind. I’m fully expecting that we’ll lose power at some point through the event, and that we’ll be cold before it’s all said and done.
This year, we have new windows through a big part of the upstairs, so I’m inclined to think that we’ll retain our heat better than before, but only time will tell.
So today, it’s off to the grocery to get essentials for a few days of being trapped, charging of camera batteries for some shooting, and plans for some timelapse work, probably with the G10. Not sure if I’m gonna try to shoot the ice, the snow, or both, but I’m expecting to fire things up tonight, and see what I get.
During the last ice storm, I photographed some of the best ice I’ve ever seen, and my skills and gear are better now. I can’t wait to see what happens!!!